Our master bathroom was a mess. When we bought our house a year and a half ago, we changed the linoleum tile to a ceramic tile, and left some tools there since then. 19 months of tools in the master bathroom.
I hate to admit it, but I also used the bathtub as storage. Yes, I did that. In the 19 months we’ve lived in this house, we’ve never used the master bathtub. That’s because I had a ton of things in there that shouldn’t be in a bathroom, much less a bathtub. Why? I probably had people coming over and needed a place to hide the mess. The bathtub was probably the only open space left at the time.
Last night, I finally tidied up the master bathroom. Here are just a few things I found in the bathtub.
- A new bathing suit with tags still on them that my husband bought for me during a trip in the Philippines over 3 years ago. We’ve only lived in the house for a year and a half. We moved with it, only to be donated.
- A bag full of empty baby food jars that I was planning to use for making centerpieces for birthday parties. There was probably 30-40 jars in the bag.
- A snow globe from Hawaii my husband gave me after our first date there 16 1/2 years ago.
- Old makeup in gallon sized plastic bags.
- Random papers and receipts.
- A large broken basket.
Under the vanity, I found a bag of items I was suppose to give to relatives as gifts for Christmas. Since I’m about 4 weeks too late and I’ve already given them other gifts, I will now remember to give them away for Christmas 2017. I put them in a clear plastic bin labeled “CHRISTMAS GIFTS.” It will be stacked neatly in the garage with Christmas decorations. The garage will also need to be organized, but I’m saving the worse for last.
The master bathroom now looks great in comparison to how it looked before. It still needs to be renovated, but that’s another project for later. First things first — declutter!